Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School, 2011

I hate the first day of school.




It makes me sad EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. And maybe more so this year as so many things are changing.

I have a big fourth grader, who moved to a new building at Rice Elementary.



I have a big second grader who ducks his head so I can only kiss the crown of his silky blond hair before he leaves in the morning.


And the fact they're growing up makes me SAD.

But it's going to be a great year.

They have great teachers.

Curt and Mrs. Marten at Meet the Teacher     

   
Luke and Mrs. Haider at Meet the Teacher



And they were both pretty excited about going to school this morning.

Excited about everything EXCEPT taking first day pictures...

Funny how THIS turned out to be the best one...


No comments:

Post a Comment