Sunday, August 21, 2011

Adventures in Cooking: Bacon: It's What's for Breakfast (and Dinner)

The *moment* I read (in one of the 3,320 magazines I subscribe to), about mixing slab bacon into your ground sirloin for a scrumptious, delicious burger, I was sold.  Because what doesn't taste better with bacon? (Yes, accuse me of stalking, why don't you? I have a mind of my own, thank you very much).

So although I'd suggested to other (worthless) people that mixing chopped or ground slab bacon into your ground sirloin for burger-nirvana was a fine idea, I  hadn't really tried it myself before tonight.

DELICIOUS.

I mixed about 1/2 pound center cut bacon into 1.25 pounds of ground sirloin. You can have the butcher grind it together. Or you can food process the two together. I just chopped the bacon and mixed it into the ground sirloin.

Watch for flare-ups on the grill.

Enjoy:






No comments:

Post a Comment