Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream


Weird '80s songs aside, I've had some REALLY bizarre dreams lately.

I think they're a product of not achieving REM sleep for SO many months. Now that I do, at least several times a week, the weird dreams have come fast and furiously.

Last night, I dreamed that Luke attached a paper fuel source to his feet, lit them on fire, and jet rocketed down the wooden ball ramp at the Discovery Science Place. Aside from the fact my child's feet were on FIRE, my other concern, in my dream, was that Curt was still at school. So I left DSP to pick Curt up. But when we returned, Luke was no where to be found. So I asked the school secretary (who is a lovely woman and works at Rice, not at DSP) where my child was. When she had  no idea, I became irate and unleashed a veritable verbal water boarding on the unsuspecting woman. Those of you who know me well know that this is about as far fetched as my child lighting his feet on fire. 
The other night, I dreamed that I spent the night at a friend's house, although said friend was not there. When I was walking home the next morning, I encountered a HUGE BLACK BEAR. But that was OK, I lured him with cookie dough and caught him with a fish net. 

In yet another dream recently, and this one is a bit fuzzy now, friends and I defeated the Nazis and waged an all-night secret mission to do so.

I don't even WANT to begin to analyze any of THAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment