Thursday, July 7, 2011

Isaiah 46:10

"I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." - Isaiah 46:10

Yesterday I was having a heart-to-heart talk with a friend. Well, she was talking, and I was mostly listening to her wisdom and experience. 

She quoted one of Green Acres Baptist Church Pastor David Dykes' favorite expressions, "God knows the end from the beginning." 

WOW. 

Hit me like a TON OF BRICKS.

You see, I REALLY STRUGGLE with being able to give up control to God. *I* want to know what's going to happen and when and have a hand in the outcome. 

But in all reality, I have none of that. 

God does.

When Curt was being diagnosed with autism, I really learned when it meant to 'give it up to God.' (just because I know what it means doesn't mean I don't struggle with it!!!)  I was raised in Faith, served my church and my God, but until that time, I don't think I every really understood that 'God's got this.' Pretty much the only way I got through that time without being locked in a padded room was to 'let go and let God.'

Christian author Max Lucado has a treasure trove of quotes about giving God the reigns:

God is able to accomplish, provide, help, save, keep, subdue… He is able to do what you can’t. He already has a plan. God’s not bewildered. Go to Him. 

Jesus gives us hope because He keeps us company, has a vision and knows the way we should go.
Meet your fears with faith.

Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right. 

You can endure change by pondering His permanence.

God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.

He says it all better than I'd ever be able to. 

While giving it to God is the way to live ALL the time, this is another period in my life when I'm having to remember it specifically and pray about it daily (and several times a day at that.

So yesterday, when my friend mentioned that God knows the end from the beginning, I knew it was yet ANOTHER way God put someone in my path the *EXACT* moment I needed them. 


And now Isaiah 46:10 is posted on my computer. To help me remember, every time I see it, to give it to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment