Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Double Edged Sword

It's happened.

Monday, before getting out of the car at school, Curt asked me to make sure I said goodbye for the day BEFORE he opened the door to get out.

"Someone heard you and laughed," he told me.

Whether or not that's true, he's figured out that mom screaming like a banshee "Bye buddy, I love you, learn something new and come home to tell me about it," really isn't cool when you're 10 years old.

I snuck it in for as long as I possibly could.

::sob::

 But his realization is a double-edged sword. It makes me sad he's growing up, but it makes me glad that he's picking up the social cues that are so critical to the 'tween and teen years.

Besides, he didn't say I couldn't say it AT ALL, just not after the car door opened in the school driveway. 



No comments:

Post a Comment