Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It seems the past week or two has been a comedy of errors, except that it hasn't been so funny. So today is a great opportunity to stop and reflect on all the wonderful blessings in my life.

1. Although my new hours at work  have been really hard to adjust to, it means I have time in the morning to cook the boys a hot breakfast. They're on a Belgian waffle kick like nobody's business.




Or, like yesterday morning, we have time to run to one of our  favorite places.



2. The Tuesday night basketball schedule is utter chaos. HOWEVER, I get one-on-one time with Curt, making adventure videos in the nooks and crannies of the Family Life Center at church, while Luke is at practice. Then I get one-on-one time with Luke during Curt's practice. We throw the football back and forth in the family life center of another church (my spiral has gotten pretty good, if I do say so myself). And last night he decimated me in a mean game of foosball.

3. Diet Coke. Always.


4. I'm thankful our long-standing tradition of Friday night pizza and movie still stands. Last week we had a picnic on the living room floor.


5. And I'm thankful for Saxon, the elf who keeps hanging around this Christmas season. Saxon brings the boys so much joy. They can't wait to come home at night and wake up in the morning and find out what mischief Saxon has been up to.


6. I'm thankful for cheese. Large, luscious blocks of perfectly aged Parmesan, in particular.


7. My big crazy dogs make me happy. I can't help it. Even when they tear up the back yard.


8. I'm thankful for grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.

9. I'm thankful my children still believe in Santa, but mostly that they know what Christmas is REALLY all about.


10. I'm thankful for the women of my Wednesday night Bible study...it ended last night and I'm sad. But thankful that I know I've met a group of women with whom I'll have a lifelong connection.
 
11. And last, but not at all least, I'm thankful for dear friends. There aren't enough words, so I'll just leave it at at that (hey, you'd think I write for a living or something!)

God Bless You During This CHRISTmas season.

2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome one of a kind friend! I, too, am thankful for you! Coincidentally, when I read number 8, my mouth started watering! One of my favorite meals (as simple as it is) Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches! Merry Christmas, Amy Brocato Pearson!

    ReplyDelete