1. Although my new hours at work have been really hard to adjust to, it means I have time in the morning to cook the boys a hot breakfast. They're on a Belgian waffle kick like nobody's business.
Or, like yesterday morning, we have time to run to one of our favorite places.
2. The Tuesday night basketball schedule is utter chaos. HOWEVER, I get one-on-one time with Curt, making adventure videos in the nooks and crannies of the Family Life Center at church, while Luke is at practice. Then I get one-on-one time with Luke during Curt's practice. We throw the football back and forth in the family life center of another church (my spiral has gotten pretty good, if I do say so myself). And last night he decimated me in a mean game of foosball.
3. Diet Coke. Always.
4. I'm thankful our long-standing tradition of Friday night pizza and movie still stands. Last week we had a picnic on the living room floor.
5. And I'm thankful for Saxon, the elf who keeps hanging around this Christmas season. Saxon brings the boys so much joy. They can't wait to come home at night and wake up in the morning and find out what mischief Saxon has been up to.
6. I'm thankful for cheese. Large, luscious blocks of perfectly aged Parmesan, in particular.
7. My big crazy dogs make me happy. I can't help it. Even when they tear up the back yard.
8. I'm thankful for grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.
9. I'm thankful my children still believe in Santa, but mostly that they know what Christmas is REALLY all about.
10. I'm thankful for the women of my Wednesday night Bible study...it ended last night and I'm sad. But thankful that I know I've met a group of women with whom I'll have a lifelong connection.
11. And last, but not at all least, I'm thankful for dear friends. There aren't enough words, so I'll just leave it at at that (hey, you'd think I write for a living or something!).
God Bless You During This CHRISTmas season.