Thursday, December 22, 2011

On This Day in History, December 22, 2008

Three years ago today, we arrived in Tyler. The boys and I, that is; we had to wait to move into our new house in South Tyler until the school semester ended in Southeast Texas.

But on Dec. 22, 2008, the Curt, Luke and I put the last of the boxes in the car along with the blankets we'd slept on the night before, after the moving truck had left, attended the last of the Hardin-Jefferson ISD and Trinity Day School class parties, supervised the carpet cleaner and headed north up 69 to Tyler from Sour Lake.

Curt's class party at Sour Lake Elementary

Luke's class party at  Trinity Day School


Lemme tell you something: Moving three days before Christmas is MISERABLE. The moving truck arrived in Tyler Dec. 23. I'd had the presence of mind to festoon all the boxes of CHRISTmas gifts with red and white striped packing tape, so those were quickly identified and squirreled away.

Lemme tell you something else: There's nothing like a major holiday to get me to unpack boxes post haste.

But I actually ended up with time to put together a CHRISTmas card that year. It was a CHRISTmas card/We've moved announcement. I printed our  new address atop this picture:


Still one of my favorites.

Bottom line, it was a hectic Christmas 2008, but without a doubt, Tyler is my FAVORITE PLACE I've lived in my 15 years in Texas.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! The boys have changed sooo much! So happy you and the boys moved here, Amy! Thank you for becoming such a good friend to me! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete