Wednesday, May 4, 2011

LOVE LETTERS

During their wedding, Andy and  Juli read each other a love letter they had written to each other.



I wasn't sure how I felt about this at first.

But Juli set the bar high, writing a letter to Andy that made tears stream down my face.

Then Andy read his letter to Juli. Although he started off his presentation by asking, "Can I just say 'ditto'?" he went on to read the most heartfelt, open letter I could have imagined.

I bawled.

And I don't cry at weddings.

But you have to know Andy to understand this phenomenon.

He's quiet. And reserved. In fact, most of his good friends at the wedding were in the dark that he had so many siblings. That's how private he is. More about that in a later post.

Point being, Andy and Juli inspired me to write "love letters" to my family. Far away in Virginia. Look for them in days to come.

Andy reading his letter to Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment