Monday, July 23, 2012

Buffalo Shrimp with Blue Cheese Dip

My tummy is happy, my lips are tingling and I know what I'm going to dream about tonight and CRAVE for days to come: Buffalo Shrimp with Blue Cheese Dip.

This is my sweet friend Leigh Oliver Smith Vickery's recipe. You might recognize Leigh as the mastermind behind the Leigh Oliver's food empire. If you haven't had her White Hot Queso, then shame on you.

Although this recipe appeared on the Share: The Brookshire's Blog site, I felt remiss if I didn't try to put it out there for my blog followers and Facebook friends as well. The more the merrier.

It's been well documented that I LOVE buffalo chicken. So when I read Leigh's post about my favorite protein of late, I knew I had to try her recipe. She had me at "buffalo". I was not disappointed. This is lick-the-plate-slap-ya-mama delicious.

The only thing I changed in the recipe was not adding milk to the blue cheese dip. I like it thick. And while I'm sure you could saute the shrimp in a pan, grill them. I PROMISE it's worth it.

Buffalo Grilled Shrimp with Blue Cheese Dip




For the dip:

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

For the shrimp:

18 large or jumbo-sized shrimp
2 Tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot or Tabasco

Directions:
For the dip, stir together all the ingredients. Chill until ready to use, up to 8 hours.

For the shrimp, toss shrimp with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill on medium-high heat, turning once, until cooked through (about 8 minutes).




Meanwhile, combine butter and hot sauce in a large bowl. Add grilled shrimp and toss well. Serve with blue cheese dip. Serves 6 as an appetizer or 4 as the main course.



Nutritional Information:  Calories per Appetizer Serving: 207, Fat: 19.7g (10.1 g Saturated Fat), Cholesterol: 69mg, Sodium: 610 mg, Carbohydrates: 1.5 g,
Protein: 6.6 g.

1 comment: