Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Few Things that Made Me HAPPY This Week

I'm just going to be honest: the past week STUNK.

Stunk like rotting, decaying skunk in the Texas summer heat.

I suppose the thing about weeks that stink is that the new week HAS to get better. (Right? RIGHT?)

I'm trying to focus on the positive.

So here are a few things that DID make me happy this week, in no particular order.

1. A great talk yesterday morning with a very special friend and truly amazing person.

2. My new painting, on antique tin, by my favorite local artist Dana Cargile.  It "completes" the 'cozy room.'


3. That a friend took the time to fix the ANNOYING faucet in the boys' bathroom that has been leaking for about six months now.

  

4. The rain this week made me happy.

5. The sweet flowers I got an entire 7 days ago are still perfect. They still make me smile. And I love them because they were unique.



6. I got the CUTEST dress at Stepsister for Wednesday night's Mistletoe & Magic preview party!

  
7. I have a stack of magazines to peruse this weekend!


8. There's a new restaurant in town (had lunch there yesterday, it opens Monday), and I can WALK from my house! 

 

9. I do have the best boys in the entire universe. 


 10. And finally, it's SATURDAY.



No comments:

Post a Comment