Friday, February 10, 2012

I-Bet-You-Can't-Eat-Just-One Tiny Cream Cheese Biscuits

I discovered this recipe in a Southern Living cookbook a few years ago and it's been a favorite ever since.

Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about cream cheese. So it was a no-brainer that I had to try this very simple, very quick, very easy, melt-in-your-mouth biscuit.



Tiny Cream Cheese Biscuits

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 8-ounce brick cream cheese (I used Neufchatel)
1 cup self-rising flour

(told you it was easy)

Preheat oven to 400.


Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.


Gradually add flour until well incorporated.

Place in a mini-muffin tin (I roll the dough into little balls, but you can just plop it in there too).


Bake at 400 for 12-14 minutes or until golden.

Serve immediately.



Drat - why won't Blogger let me rotate my photo! It's a horizontal, not a vertical!

2 comments: