Monday, January 30, 2012

Adventures in Cooking: "White" Chicken Chili

You know I love the Crock Pot. And you know I love easy, hearty meals, especially on a cold day. This is one I threw together this morning and it turned out SO WELL. If I do say so myself. (even both boys ate it all!)  It's quick, easy and straightforward.

I did have to laugh today when talking to a friend and discussing *why*, exactly, it was "white" chili as opposed to green or another color. I guess you'll just have to taste it.

White Chicken Chili

(8 servings, each serving 4 points on WW)

3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
32 ounces reduced-sodium, fat free chicken stock
1 large white onion, diced
1 jar (20 ounces) salsa verde
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) Great Northern beans, drained
1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 T cumin
1 T thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Hot sauce, to taste

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with extra hot sauce if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment