Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's Not What Happens TO You...

Among the blogs I follow, there are two written by women who largely focus on the hardships they have been through in the past several years.

They have each been through things that would cripple most people and leave them a sniveling puddle on the floor.

But the blogs are markedly different.

H's blog is full of life, laughter, and hope. Her perspective on the hand she's been dealt is matter-of-fact and forward thinking.

C's blog, however, is darker and full of despair. I don't even know the woman, but I think it would be difficult to wallow in doom and gloom day in and day out. I try not to let it bother me, but I would love to say something like, "It could be so much worse. So put down the ice cream and step away from the keyboard."

I guess that shows a lack of compassion on my part. Someone recently said to me, "You never know what another person has gone through." And she was right. You never know how someone experiences life.

But when it comes right down to it, it's not what happens TO you, it's how you handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment