Saturday, June 18, 2011

Economics 101: As Taught by Curt and Luke

A collection of randomly overheard observations and lessons about money, jobs and spending.


Curt: When I grow up, I'm going to marry a really, really rich lady.
Luke: I'm just going to save my money.


***

Curt: I have a lot of money in my savings account.
Luke:  Me too. Granny and Pop hook us up!

***

Curt: Wow! Mom! You just spent A LOT of money at the grocery store.
Me: Yes, groceries cost a lot of money.
Curt: I have a dollar in my wallet if you need it.

***
Luke: My job is going to pay about $100 a day. It costs that much for the mayor to walk around the city. 

***

Curt: But WHY can't we go out to breakfast? I'll skip lunch all next week!

***

Curt: Mom, do you have any paper money?
Me: No, I don't usually carry cash. I use my debit card.

Later....

Curt: Mom, can I buy this DS game?
Me: No, we're not spending money on that right now.
Curt: But do you have any paper money?
Me: No.
Curt: So just put it on your debit card!

***

Curt: CiCi's pizzas are only $5. That bag of chicken is $6.98. I like pizza A LOT more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment