Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day

I love living in a place where we have temperate winters but do get a dusting of snow every now and again. Enough to cause the joy in two little boys' hearts to bubble over.

This was 8:06 a.m.

By that time of morning, I'd already been to work to pick up my day's tasks and gotten back home again. I LOVE the light snow in the dark and quiet of the morning, when the sky is black and the world is whitewashed. Hardly a sound, hardly another soul in sight.

When I got home, I'd found my kids were on TV this morning, on the CBS 19 morning show with Bryan Houston and Dana Hughey.

They were beyond thrilled, both to be out of school today AND to have been on TV.


So it's a work-from-home-day. I'm blessed to have a job where I can pick up a binder proof and a red pen and take my work home.

To this:


And later today, after some editing, some snowball fighting and some snowman building, we will enjoy:


I think it's going to be a GREAT day.

No comments:

Post a Comment