Sunday, September 9, 2012

Overheard at a 9-year-old Sleep Over

Luke had his birthday sleep over last night, and yes, I eavesdropped supervised.

Luke and his two friends were hilarious.

I couldn't make this stuff up.

Names withheld to protect identities. 



"Go ask your mom. It might be late enough that she doesn't care any more."

"Those dogs are beasts."

"Wait a minute. I need a superhero cape. It helps with my self esteem."

"I don't like pizza, cake or movies."

"Something's on fire."

"Something's flooding."

"Remember when you were a little girl and you played outside with lanterns?"

"If you hit someone in the head hard enough with pillows, feathers fly out of their ears."

"Hey guys! I just got an awesome idea! Let's race down the hallway on our backs!"

"You guys are being too loud." "Yeah, well you're being too pretty."

"If cars were like pillows you wouldn't get anywhere."

"Yeah, I was Mayor for the Day. I spoke firefighter language."

"Are these earrings or bowls?"

"Here's how you do the Boom Boom FLASH!"

"Girls eat boogers."

"The Devil is clearly the grossest dude in history."

"I'm not an alien, I'm Luke!"

"Mom, I found blood in the toilet."


***DISCLAIMER: No children were harmed during the creation of this blog post. 




1 comment: