Monday, March 28, 2011

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

"I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day."- Alexander

OK, so I don't think I've ever gone to sleep with gum in my mouth, , but I DID go to bed last night wishing, hoping, PRAYING for a good night's sleep.

Let's just say it was a little better than the (whopping 2 hours) from the night before.

And when I got out of bed this morning, woozy from little sleep, I banged my arm into the corner of the dresser. And now there's a lovely bruise. I didn't drop my sweater in the sink, but the hair dryer is rattling death throes and I forgot to plug in the curlers (hello, ponytail).

I was about to get in the car after kissing my boys goodbye in their sleep and slipping out quietly when Curt comes FLYING out of the back door already in full hysterics because he didn't GET TO SEE ME THIS MORNING. A grand mal tantrum ensued which finally necessitated me kissing him on the head, firmly saying goodbye and leaving.

[insert tremendous amounts of mom guilt here]

I stopped by McDonald's to get a bucket of Diet Coke because really that's the only thing standing between me and a nap face down on my desk. But when I pulled away and unwrapped my straw to sink into that big styrofoam cup of deliciousness, I discovered it was Dr. Pepper. Or something equally as vile. 

Then when I got to the office, I discovered I didn't have my key card to access the building. NOT a good position to be in when you're one of only TWO people at work that early in the morning. And when I had to change phones, I lost the number of the OTHER person who could let me in. Several minutes and bruised knuckles later from rapping on the front door loudly, someone let me in.

Did I mention this was all before 7 a.m.?

My best friend deserted me, I will not have dessert with lunch and I just hope there are lima beans for dinner and KISSING on TV tonight.


1 comment:

  1. Yikes. I hope the rest of your day turned out better Amy!

    ReplyDelete