Thursday, April 26, 2012

Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup



I stipulate that I love the crock pot.

OK, now that that's out of the way, this is one of my favorite soups to make in the slow cooker.  It's one of those 'HEY MY KIDS WILL EAT VEGETABLES WILLINGLY' slow cooker recipes, which makes for one happy mama. (In all fairness, Curt will eat anything I put in front of him; Luke...not so much).

Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup

64 ounces vegetable or chicken stock
2 cans cannellini beans, drained (rinse 'em if you want; I don't.)
2 cans Italian-style, diced tomatoes
2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 T oregano
1 T basil
1 package (8 ounces) dried tortellini or one package fresh/frozen tortellini, any flavor.

Combine all ingredients EXCEPT tortellini in slow cooker. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, turn slow cooker on high and add pasta. Cook until tender.





No comments:

Post a Comment