Sunday, July 3, 2011

Adventures in Cooking, Part 2

For reasons beyond my control, we did not get to eat the Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs in Marinara Sauce over whole wheat pasta last night.

Life happens.

So we refrigerated the sauce (which added a succulent aroma to my house ALL NIGHT LONG) and reheated it today.

The meatballs didn't really hold together. The cheese leached into the sauce. It was more meat sauce than meatballs. 

It was heavenly.

I didn't get good pictures (Michael, any tips other than 'put in on sports and pan the planes?'). But rest assured, it was drool worthy.

But that's the beauty of cooking. Sometimes you start out with one idea and end up with another dish. I'm not giving up hope on my mozzarella stuffed meatballs, but next time I'll:

1. Use a binding agent! (oh, so important!)

2. Chill my ingredients thoroughly before starting to work with them.

3. Chill them well AFTER formation.

and

4. Broil the meatballs at the last minute and add them to the sauce before serving.

Lesson learned. Anyone else who may have a great tip please feel free to comment. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment